Other EMS Resources:
Washington University EMS is Missouri's first and only physician-based, licensed Emergency Medical Response Agency (EMRA). I hope these Web pages convey our enthusiasm for providing high quality medical oversight and give you a sense of our commitment. If you have any questions about our Medical Direction Services, I encourage you to contact me.
EMS agencies whether ground ambulance, air ambulance, fire/rescue, law enforcement, industrial or institutional medicine, are complex organizations. Responders increasingly face a variety of new challenges in the field. Missouri law says the paramedic may perform actions that are delegated by the Medical Director, but is the Medical Director a mere signature on a page?
WU EMS Medical Direction provides:
• Cutting-edge medical oversight including scene response capability.
• An opportunity to improve medical care for your constituents.
• Assurance that Out-of-Hospital medical care is both caring and scientifically sound.
• Collaborative, collegial training.
• Role models for colleagues.
• Continually updated protocols.
• Modern EMS Medical Direction.