Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine
Assistant Residency Program Director, Emergency Medicine
Director of Global Health Initiatives, Emergency Medicine
- B.A., Medical Anthropology: Pomona College, Claremont, CA 1999
- M.D., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 2006
- MPH, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 2006
- Residency: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO 2009
- Chief Resident: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO 2009
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Missouri State Medical License
- ACLS Provider
Honors and Awards
- Chief Resident, Division of Emergency Medicine, Washington University at St. Louis School of Medicine St. Louis, MO— May 2009 - May 2010
- Presenter: American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Annual Meeting 2014, Chicago, IL. International Section Low-Fidelity Simulation Marketplace “Using Simulation-Based Education to Train Lay Women to Recognize Obstetrical Emergencies: A Pilot Study.”
- Poster Presentation: Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Annual Meeting 2008, Washington DC. “Diagnoses and Outcomes of Patients Receiving Azithromycin Under Community Acquired Pneumonia Treatment Protocol”
- Tupesis JP, Jacquet GA, Hilbert S, Pousson A, Khanna K, Ross J, Butteris S, Martin IB. The role of graduate medical education in global health: proceedings from the 2013 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference. Acad Emerg Med. 2013 Dec;20(12):1216-23. doi: 10.1111/ acem.12260.
- Presentation: Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Annual Meeting 2013, Washington DC. “Using Simulation-Based Education to Train Lay Women to Recognize Obstetrical Emergencies: A Pilot Study.”
- Poster Presentation: Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Annual Meeting 2015, San Diego, CA. “Senior Residents’ Perceptions of Physician Responsibility in St. Louis, MO and Mekelle, Ethiopia” Abdelmalek A, Hilbert S, Kebede Y, Haile E.
- Oral Presentation: Contributing author to “A Chance for Lan and Her Family, Health Education for Asians: An Urgent Need” a 2001 report sponsored and published by the Asian Pacific Fund to educate supporters and raise awareness of health issues facing Asian Americans.
- SAEM Western Regional Research Forum 2008, Costa Mesa, CA. “Diagnoses and Outcomes of Patients Receiving Azithromycin Under Community Acquired Pneumonia Treatment Protocol.”
- Review: “Intracranial Pathology in Elderly Patients with Blunt Head Trauma.” EP Monthly, April 2008.
- Review: “Procedural Sedation and Analgesia in the Emergency Department.” EP Monthly, December 2008.